All applicants to the College must hold a relevant university degree. Candidates must submit a formal application for admission, which consists of an online application. Applications need to be submitted with all the requested supporting documents before the closing date. All applicants, including students who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in principle according to their nationality) in the application form. Should there be no selection committee, please select “No selection committee – College of Europe”.
1. Application letters
Recommendation letters are in the form of online recommendation questionnaires that are automatically sent to your nominated referees via email through your online application.
In the online application under sections “Reference 1” and “Reference 2” you have to indicate who your 2 referees are. Once you completed the referee contact information and clicked on the “send reference request” button your referees will receive an automatic email with a link leading to the reference form that they need to complete and submit.
The reference form exists out of 2 parts. The 3 required fields of part 1 have to be completed. Part 2 can be completed and/or your referee can choose to upload a reference letter which he/she can upload at the bottom of the reference form.
When the referee has submitted their reference form you will be informed automatically by email. Deadline date for the referee to submit the reference form is 1 February 2017.
In case the referee does not receive your request by email please advise him/her to check their spam/junk folder. If the message is not in that folder then try to resend your request. If that does not work please contact the Admissions Office.
2. In order to complete the online application, you will need among others the following information/documents:
- title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- other academic activities
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- language knowledge (French, English and other), level see language requirements
- motivation (max 600 words)
- names and e-mail addresses of 2 university professors in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system
- CV in Europass format
- copy of your university degree(s) – document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it by email as soon as it is available)
- transcript(s) from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained – document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French
- passport or national identity card
- passport photo
Please upload your documents in PDF format only (JPG and PNG only when specified). If applicable, please contact your selection committee to know if other documents are required. It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all materials are submitted online. Applications which are not complete, i.e. including all required uploads, cannot be submitted and will not be reviewed.